Poultry Meatball with mozzarella, tomato jam and basil
Ingredients for 10 snacks
- 100 g onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cl Condimento Balsamico Bianco
- 500 g canned peeled tomatoes
- 60 g cane sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- 10 Italians
- 200 g DELIKANT basil cream
- 30 slices of mozzarella 45%
- 30 g basil
- Salt pepper
- if you like, rocket
- Steam the onions together with the fennel seeds in the olive oil until translucent. Add the remaining ingredients, reduce to a creamy consistency on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes and then season well to taste.
- Heat the poultry meatball according to the preparation recommendation.
Cut the Italians open and brush the bottom with a little basil cream. Top each with the poultry meatball, 3 slices of mozzarella, tomato jam and a few basil leaves and put the lid on. The snack can be supplemented with a little rocket if you like.
- For your information: The tomato jam is great to prepare and preserve. Store in a cool place after opening and use within a few days.